Medilab, Cochin is a centre of excellence for diagnostic medi-care services and is counted among the most modern medical laboratories in Kerala.
Setting up a quality pathology laboratory in Kochi was the dream of T.A.Varkey, a medical technologist who had a professionally rewarding stint in Vellore, New Delhi and Saudi Arabia. It was a dream shared by his wife, Sarada, a medical technologist herself. Medilab was born out of this vision!
The presence at the helm of these professionals with credentials from world class institutions has been the biggest strength of Medilab. The directors have more than 35 years of laboratory experience in major hospitals & universities like CMC, Vellore, AIIMS, New Delhi, and Aramco Hospital, Saudi Arabia.
In 1992 August, Medilab started operations at Doraiswami Iyer Road, Kochi. In May 1998, Medilab started a new branch at NH-47, Palarivattom, Kochi followed by a fully automated laboratory at Sahodaran Ayyappan Road, Kadavanthra, Kochi in July 2004. The new Kadavanthra centre is amongst the most well-appointed diagnostic facilities in Kerala and functions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, providing our patients, physicians and corporate clients with a comprehensive menu of diagnostic tests and services.
Medilab has gained international recognition in the field of diagnostic services after receiving NABL accreditation (ISO 15189:2007). NABL is a full member of both the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC) and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), and has mutual recognition arrangement (MRA) with all member countries.
- Results online.
- Mobile Health Service, Testing @your doorstep.
- Sterling Lounge for Health Checkup Packages.
- Q-Lab, Consulting services for peripheral laboratories.
- Rx Daytona (Randox Laboratories, UK) Automated Biochemistry Analyser.
- Medonic, Automated Hematology Cell Counter with 3 part differential.
- Mini Vidas, Automated Immunology Analyser.
- SEAC FP-20, Automated Electrolyte Analyser.
- Elecsys 2010, Automated Immunology Analyser